12 day letter

though
you resisted
the urge to call
— one more time

on day twelve

Christi Moon

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to 12 day letter

1. laurie kolp says:

Christi- I love this, especially:

the nights we sketched
    in swerved lines
    fallen phthalo eyes
    camber colours
    you never knew
    existed

This one has shaped up very well. Tight piece of free verse. This stanza is replete with aesthetic majesty –

that January
    when you said
    God stirred the clouds
    in a crooked sky

..and the proper nouns work their magic once again… also the use of ‘phthalo’ is great

‘phthalo’ one of my favorite words 🙂

thanks for your help with this one on the board. as always, it’s most appreciated.

3. Ayala says:

Christi, I just love this !

great little pictures of memories of the road up to day 12 and then the close and him not calling cinches the emotion…very well done…

5. Amazing how a piece of paper can pull us back through time. Particularly like the imagery in S3, very specific, very clear, such a personal moment. You have brought us to this place. Thank you for sharing, Christi.

6. I loved everything about this piece–so beautifully written–with such gorgeous imagery! Stunning!

7. Kim says:

I loved this! Simple. Elegant touch. Visual. Poetic.

8. Gay says:

This is remarkably pure; it captures one of the essences of being woman (and for all of that, dealing with a man or should I say lover). I don’t know the word phthalo – I guessed it was a color but I couldn’t find it in dictionary. Like the sound I guessed it had though. You always write such unique pieces. Lovely.

9. Jebbi says:

breathtaking….still love…still….

10. Shawna says:

I love poems that begin and/or end with a single line set off on its own.

“folded parchment” … you’ve given up on old things that may seem like they happened a lifetime ago

“January” beginnings, so long past

“back
    when you
    wanted to paint
    the unbuttoned curves” … everything preparing us for the fact that this didn’t work out, didn’t last … yet you write it with endearment, no animosity it seems

This is my favorite because of the “existed”/”resisted” rhyme:
    “you never knew
    existed
    though
    you resisted”

I feel like there’s something more to the 12 … a bit more significance. But perhaps not. Enjoyed it!