Reincarnation ~~ Italian (Petrarchan) Sonnet

Reborn in triple spiraling egress
and pixilated fragments of green-grey;
sequestered states and saturated fray-
that splinter through a winter of distress.
Sound resonates in threaded tenderness
as hues of evening’s treason slip away,
unwind the brine of moon’s naiveté;
pure sentiments and essence coalesce.

Ennobled minds can’t reason or diffuse
the imprints sifted off the surface vault.
Induction lifts our canvas through the sky,
to catapult in rapture’s heightened views-
suspended in this fluid somersault;
exalt in all, renewing you and I.

Christi Moon

the form:
Italian (Petrarchan) sonnet
consists of 14 lines, each line containing ten syllables and written in iambic pentameter, in which a pattern of an unstressed syllable followed by a stressed syllable is repeated five times. the a-b-b-a, a-b-b-a pattern became the standard for Italian sonnets. For the sestet there were two different possibilities: c-d-e-c-d-e and c-d-c-c-d-c,

This entry was posted in forms, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Reincarnation ~~ Italian (Petrarchan) Sonnet

1. Sound resonates in threaded tenderness
    as hues of evening’s treason slip away,

and

the imprints sifted off the surface vault.
    Induction lifts our canvas through the sky, – just some of my favourite lines. Whole thing is real good though.

Great work here.

2. “Induction lifts our canvas through the sky,
    to catapult in rapture’s heightened views-
    suspended in this fluid somersault;
    exalt in all, renewing you and I.”

Breathtakingly beautiful, your words have swept me away!

see this is one of those poems i just sit back and admire the dance and beauty of…cause it is above my poetic pay grade…ha…i dont do form well…

doubtful there is anything above your poetric pay grade my talented friend. thanks for the visit, most appreciated.

4. Gay says:

This is a deep and contemplative piece; how much more creative to have done it so beautifully in sonnet form. Yet the form exalts the exploration. The opening line is apt for the journey with a vague reference to double helix and beyond–a triple helix if you will. or a breaking up of the coding as we transmute, reincarnate, change. “sequestered states and saturated fray” carry such depths of multiple meanings both scientifically and existentially. You keep the allusions scientific but you keep the images vague as though being seen through an embryonic sac. Excellent work.

5. i was thrilled when i read it’s an italian sonnet …they’re my fav sonnets…and i knew you would do wonderful…which you did…love all the images and the majestic flow of this christi…carried me like on eagle’s wings…

thanks Claudia– I really love the form as well…the envelope rhyme in the Italian Sonnet is very aurally pleasing when read aloud. thanks for stopping by….your comments are much appreciated.

6. laurie kolp says:

Beautiful Italian sonnet, Christi! I especially like the last 4 lines.

7. Victoria says:

This is a joy to read, Christi. I’ve tended to eschew sonnets…they scare me. But have been listening to CD’s on the form and am falling in love with it. You have rendered the Italian form flawlessly as I see it. It reinforces my need to play with it one of these days. Thank you.

thanks for the postive feedback Victoria…happy to hear that you enjoyed it. Give the form a try… it’s very rewarding in the end.

Wonderful Petrarchan, Christi. My favourite type of sonnet (and my favourite variation of the sestet too – cde cde

Great right through. Meter and rhyme are immaculate. I would struggle to top this

9. Kim says:

Unwind the brine of the moon’s naivete’
    Beautiful…this is poetry to aspire to, I look to read more of your writing endeavors.

10. Sheila says:

beautiful form and verse. Great to see ya Christi!

11. Ayala says: