Knowing

the folded fabric
of Japanese blinds

you reach up
careful fingers
tuck fallen hair
behind my ear

what would that be like?

the sun explodes
inside this room

knowing

©christi moon 2012

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Knowing

1. peterwilkin says:

This small & incredibly beautiful poem has just stopped me in my tracks! I have a sense of togetherness & a deep appreciation of the ‘other’, as well as a strong sense of mindfulness after reading it. And every word you have used fits to perfection, creating a poem that glides into the consciousness & stirs up the soul. Wonderful write 🙂

2. Marousia says:

Each word has a beautiful thread to the next, building to a glorious tapestry at the end

3. This was magical – I loved the way the sun exploded – such an apt description!

wow nice close on this…the sun exploding…and knowing only pleasure…really nice build to that as well ma’am

5. Natasha says:

Christie! This is beautiful! The sensory perceptions, the feel of the blinds, the sun exploding…so many wonderful ways to lose yourself in these words. Loved it!

6. “what would that be like?” … That is a question that could keep you going for a year. 🙂

I love how simple and bare this poem is compared to your typical work. It’s exposed, gentle, and offering. Beautiful.

“tuck fallen hair
    behind my ear” … I always love this image—in a poem, a movie, a book, or reality.

This is also lovely imagery:
    “sifting colour
    into light”

I’m glad the question was finally answered: “paradise”

(I hope you’re doing well; it’s been too long. ~Shawna)

Ahh, Shawna! lovely to to see you here (although you appear to be incognito)

thanks so much… and yes to all of the above.

I know that I promised you a proper note weeks ago….will get on that and a visit to your blog soon.

hope you are well…look forward to catching up. xC.

7. Ayala says:

Christie, this is a gorgeous poem ! Love it !

8. The flow and sentiment are beautiful.

9. Marousia says:

Beautiful – you create a perfect moment of two people connecting respecting each other’s otherness

10. The intimacy between two soul mates is a very special thing, indeed. You have truly captured that in this piece. Beautifully penned, Christi.

@ all…thank you for taking the time to read and comment. dearly appreciated.

12. kolembo says:

Glorious! Tender love, tenderly written. Beautiful.

13. becky kilsby says:

The craft is worthy of the moment it seems. Beautiful.

thanks all for the lovely comments. I’ve made one small edit to this one.