Bereft

stunned enough

when will we
have won the West
           enough

to lay them down

© image and words christi moon 2012

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Bereft

as good a response as i have read to the shooting…ugh…when will it be enough…what will have to happen…here is the sadness for me, the guy at the gun shop said they sold more assault rifles since it happened than ever…afraid they cant get one soon enough…sick truth, a distant cousin sent me a picture of his today, just got it, why? cause he likes to shoot stuff…considering his psychiatric past, makes me feel all kinds of safe…what have we raut….

Ugh…my heart and mind remain heavy in the wake of this…

As a parent…it’s impossible not to imagine your child in that classroom.

Nobody needs to own a semi-automatic weapon to hunt or defend their home/family. Those are assault weapons… designed specifically to cause mass casualties.

When will we have had enough?

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment Brian, much appreciate your words.

2. Charles says:

What you do here, Moon, is shine lovely on terrible fields. Keep it up; we need the light when it is dark.

i can’t add anything. just to say probably the most evocative account/genuinely imploring write I’ve read. ugh

4. Roger Boylan says:

Very fine. I’ll follow. You may follow mine, too, if you wish: http://www.rogerboylan.com/the-snug.php

5. Happy to follow your blog and read you posts. Hope to see you over my way http://merlenefawdry.blogspot.com.au/ This poem says so much – beautifully written

glad you liked this Merlene. now following your lovely blog as well~ C.

7. dragonkatet says:

Very powerful write, Christi. I wish more people would wake up to the stark reality you’ve shown in this.

8. janehewey says:

Beautiful and insightful poetry, Christi. Seeing the lunar phase ticking along on your sidebar is a wonderful addition. Thank you.

9. stevenharz says:

first of all, this is amazing. secondly, in that i live not far from there it carries increased weight for me – thank you for posting….